Tuesday, May 5, 2009

God Is Good...

Matthew 28:19 "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

Romans 6:3-4 "Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life."






This past Sunday was a wonderful day because Taylor was Baptized. I don't know what changed her mind but she finally did it. We have been talking to her about if for a couple of years and it was always the same answer, "I'm scared, I don't want all those people looking at me...". But recently, she has been involved with a Jr. High discipleship group at church and they have really taken her in (AMEN). I don't know if it was the discipleship group, or her seeing our friends kids getting Baptized or maybe just the good old Holy Spirit but whatever it was I am a proud Mama. Our church had 40 people Baptized and each one brought a tear to my eyes, what an amazing thing to watch! I'm just really proud of her because she is young and at a very impressionable age and it was a bit scary for her still, she was nervous but she did it and came up smiling. And, I knew just by looking at her when it was done, all those nerves were gone and God comforted her. Ahhhh, such a happy time. One down, two more to go:)

6 comments:

Heather said...

WOOT! WOOT! Wish we could have been there! Good news, Love good new especially the kind that makes the angels sing.

Lori said...

Wonderful! Tell her I am so proud of her!

neikensnest said...

Look at that smile! What a courageous young woman! We are so proud of her!

Grandma Andie said...

So happy for you all. Glad she has connected with a group who gives her confidence and love to express her own...

Kasjaniuk said...

Yeah Taylor!

Unknown said...

Go Taylor, Go Taylor! Maybe your buddy Alyssa will make up her mind to take the plunge, she is still holding out for age 16, so she claims. I am so proud of you, brave girl!