Monday, October 5, 2009

Here... and Gone!

What a loon!

A little over a week ago, my brother Mikey came up with his girlfriend Ashley and it was like food for the soul. We haven't been to FL since May and this is the longest it's been for us since we moved up here. It was really nice to just have him here without everyone else. Under normal (whatever that is) circumstances I only see my brother during parties or when we visit and there is never enough time to just "chill" and sometimes I think you need that. There is 12 years between us, and so we didn't really get close until later in life.




So, they came up on Friday morning and left Sunday late afternoon. Friday when they got here I took them to the Farmer's Market and we had lunch. We bought some mum's and pumpkins and browsed all the fresh veggies and fruits. Friday night they were kind enough to accompany us to a birthday party for one of Anthony's friends (Crissy, a girl naturally) and then we came home and he grilled red snapper that he brought up (fresh). We made a fire and just hung out... nice:)

Bodie Island Lighthouse


Natural Sand Dunes

Saturday we got a late start but that didn't stop us. We took the 4hr drive out to the Outer Banks. Didn't get there until 3pm but it was worth it. We took them to the Bodie Island Lighthouse and then to the Beach. The water was freezing and the waves were huge. The Atlantic is a bit eerie but very cool. Needless to say we all went up to the water with rolled up jeans and Anthony BIT it! We had been there maybe 1hr and he was drenched head to toe in freezing water... UGH! So we had to head to the tourist traps and buy him some clothes. After that we went to the Sand dunes in Kill Devil Hills... AWESOME. They seem to go on forever, you seriously feel like your in a desert. My brother loved them, as I knew he would.


We ended the day at a restaurant called Pamlico Jack's on the water. Wouldn't you know they have a Pirate on duty? Although it was expensive, it was worth every penny to see Anthony look googly eyed at the Pirate. He thought it was the best thing ever. A perfect ending to a perfect day.



I'm so glad they came up. It makes me long for more of my family but I know I'll see them in a couple of months.

2 comments:

Grandma Andie said...

What a peaceful, beautiful beach. I am so glad ya'll had such a great time!

The Fo'Zaglia's said...

You got a scene from practically everything we did @ the Outer Banks! I love it there!