Saturday, August 16, 2008

Day 5, We Meet More Forzaglia's

On Thursday headed to NY to visit with Chris's Uncle John. Uncle John is Chris Dad's oldest brother. We know Chris's Mom side of the family very well because they lived in FL but never knew too many of The Forzaglia's. So to me and I think Chris too, it's important to meet and get to know his Dad's side of the family. It was a little emotional for me (such a woman) seeing his Dad's side of the family. One of Chris's cousin's (picture is below) looks so much like a young version of Chris's Dad that I couldn't stop staring at him. He probably thought I was a weirdo. Anyway, I met some women who have the last name Forzaglia too, not too many of us out there:) Family is one of the most important things in the world and meeting them was wonderful. I hope we can get to know them even better in the future.

This is Anthony with Uncle John's Great Granddaughter Emily. The first girl in the family. He is so in love with her:)
3 Generations! Bottom left is Uncle John, Anthony, Chris. Top left is Steve (John's Grandson), Mark (Steve's father, John's son) and John (Uncle John's other son-looks so much like Frank to me).


Bottom left: Scott (Uncle John's Grandson), Uncle John, Taylor, Me, Anthony, Kelly, Chris, Michelle (Steve's wife-Emily's Mom), Steve, Elizabeth, Mark, John, Jackie (Mark's Wife).... I'm sure all of you could care less about all of this, but for me it's a new chapter in our lives and I'm so thankful for it:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you are having a great time. It is great to meet new parts of your family. I just saw the video of Taylor jumping in the water hole. I can tell you it wouldn't havve been me and I may not have let Alyssa even if Steve was in there too :-) Be safe! We love you guys!

Lori said...

ok, so obviously I have missed a few of you blogs but it looks like you had a wonderful time!