What can I say about NY? I love it! Wouldn't want to live there but the energy in that city is incredible. We started out our day by getting up at 3am so that we could get to NY (from Jersey) by 5-6am. Why so early you ask? To see the Jonas Brothers in Bryant Park on Good Morning America at 7am. Crazy? Yes. Worth it? Yes. We couldn't see all that well and didn't stay for the whole thing but just seeing them in NY was cool. Good Morning America said there was over 10,000 people there (the largest crowd they have ever had for a summer concert series) and most of the people there had been sleeping on the block since Tuesday to get close to them on Friday. Wow! We left the concert at about 8am, I of course went to Starbuck's (had to go to one in NY) then we walked Times Square, saw the MTV studios, St. Patricks Cathedral, Rockefeller Center you know all the typical NY stuff. This was the main reason Elizabeth came with us and I wanted her to see everything possible. She loved it there:) At about 3:30pm my Uncle Phil and his family had to leave so we decided, a little nervously, to stay on our own. We then got on the Subway, Side note: I am claustrophobic and didn't like it at all, but I was glad we did it. Normally I would do the safe thing and not go and then regret it later. We took the Subway to Chinatown and Little Italy. Crazy!!! Every other person that came up to me was some small Asian woman asking if I wanted a "Gucci, Prada or Coach bag." The answer to that was actually yes. Elizabeth did want one but we were scared so we kept saying "no". If you tell them yes, they take you to some dark stair case and make sure no one is following and who knows if you come out alive? Maybe I watch too many movies, lol! Well it started to rain while we were in Little Italy and then at a crosswalk a small Asian woman said "you want bag, Coach, Prada, Gucci" and then my brave self came out and I said "yes". Then we were on the move, I couldn't walk too close to her or she would give me a dirty look , I didn't know where we were going. Chris and Anthony were lagging behind and then she turns down some side street, my heart is picking up speed. Then she goes to a mini van and says "get in". I freaked, and backed away. I did the next best thing and sent Elizabeth in with Chris and the kids and I sat on the sidewalk and waited. The lady got irritated with Elizabeth because she was taking too long and said "yes, no, yes, no... get out!, Police, Police" and then Chris called me over and I said just give her the money and get it, think of the story we have. Good times! Then we got our car and drove to Battery Park and saw the Statue of Liberty (it's a must). Then home by almost 9:30pm. An exhausting day but sooo much fun, I can't even tell you.
I was able to take my good camera and get a closer shot this time. Taylor took this photo sitting on my cousin Chelsea's boyfriends shoulders.

A shot of us in front of Rockefeller Center.
Elizabeth in Times Square. Taylor, Brett and my Uncle Phil are in the background.

Anthony near Times Square. Isn't he just soo cute?

My Cousin Chelsea, my Aunt Janice and myself at Junior's Deli where we ate for lunch and watched the city go by.

Us in Little Italy, if you look at the sign haning in the back over the street it says "Forza Italia".

If you look close you can see the Statue of Liberty in the back.
3 comments:
So much fun! I love NYC. The Prada bag story cracks me up!!! Looks like you guys had a great summer vacation before getting back to the wind and grind of school days.
hmmm...only you...
All your pictures are fabulous...I know what you will be working on during the scrapbook weekend! I just love VISITING New York City!!
Post a Comment