Saturday, November 1, 2008

1, 2, 3... Pumpkins!


On Tuesday My Dad wanted to take the kids out to buy them each a pumpkin so we went to a local church and picked some out. It was freezing! I was able to get one picture of each kiddo and then we were out of there. I think it was around 49-50 degrees and the wind was serious. Taylor commented on how much she missed FL at that point and the pretty pumpkin patch we always go to with our "Crew". Which I have to say I missed very much this year. One would think that being in NC there would be beautiful pumpkin patches around? I'm sure there are but none that are close to us. In the end though, the pumpkins came out great and that counts for a lot. So thank you Popi for the great Pumpkins (and lunch).

On Thursday, Elizabeth and Daniel helped us carve the pumpkins. Taylor did hers almost completely on her own, which was awesome. Daniel and I helped here and there, while Elizabeth helped Kelly and watched from the sidelines:)










4 comments:

Lori said...

The pumpkins look cute and the kids look great...really nice of your mom and brother...tell her we really miss halloween at her house!

Kasjaniuk said...

Looks like gooey, messy fun ... the best kind!

Thao said...

That's funny that you think 50 degrees is cold. Being here in Ohio for 7 years has definitely thickened my blood. If it's around 50 or above, I'm good. Love the pictures!

Grandma Andie said...

So nice of your dad to go "pumpkin shopping" with you and the kids..so nice of you to take him on the experience. Enjoy these times...enjoy the "cold" weather...to our friends in Ohio...50 IS cold.....you guys are just "polar-ized".