Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Let's Recap... You may need an hour:)

Hard to believe another year has passed. It was our first full calendar year up here in NC and it went really, really fast! The last week or so of our lives was a whirlwind so I'll update with some highlights from our trip to FL. Let me also say that we are humbled and thankful for all of you that we visited with and for those of you who worked around our schedules and made time for our families (the Neikens too). We truly are blessed with the most amazing friends. My brother and I were talking at the park and he made a comment about how what we have is rare and that we are blessed and I whole heartily agree. So, thank you for making our visit wonderful-We love you:)


When we got there on Friday night, Chris Mike and Mark took the boys to Hooter's and looky what I found on my camera!!!



My Dad came down with us and we dropped him off at my Aunt Maureen's house for the week so that he could spend time with her and my Uncle Bill and my Grandma Peg. We had a nice visit and a delicious lunch.


We stopped at the beach on Sat. night to watch the sunset. Going to the beach is one thing I forgot to do before we moved. So, it was a nice way to close out our day.


Taylor got to spend the day with her BFF's Anna and Iana. When I went to pick her up from their house, the first thing she said to me is "I want to move back to FL". So, obviously she had a good time:)


Stopped in to see Mark, Heather and the kids. They all played very well together and by the end of the day Alex was talking to me (yeah).


We went to Chili's for dinner with my Mom's new man Spencer (his treat). We had a good dinner and a lot of laughs!


We opened gifts at my Mom's house on Monday. This was our 3rd "Christmas" and we still had one to go. Can you say "Superabundance"...


For NYE this year we went to Roy's Restaurant. We had a good time but the food was over priced and very small in quantity. Red was our color this year and I thought that everyone looked great. I always look forward to this night out, it's not something we get to do very often. Good times!!! The kids always spend NYE with my Mom and they had a blast. My Mom always makes is so special for them.


On New Year's Day, our friends Anita and Jen invited those who could come, to Anita's house for pizza and some visiting time. Mike and Marie came and we had a nice time catching up. Isabella is the tiny one and Alyssa is the tallest. My how they grow!


On Thursday night we went to a goodbye party for my cousin Anthony (above) who left for Afghanistan for 14 months. I pray for his safety...




We opened gifts at Chris's Mom's house on Friday. We ate, played games and had a great time (even though it was too short).













Last but not least:) Everyone came to a local park to visit one last time. Thanks to everyone who brought food and drinks. It was really awesome to see everyone and it really made me realize how much we miss being a part of your lives. All the guys (and Taylor) played football for almost 3 hrs. Taylor played the entire time. She sacked the quarter back a few times and hung tough with the big boys. That's my girl.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

4 comments:

Thao said...

I just can't get over your Anthony whenever I see him. Maybe I'll get to meet him before he's all grown up. I see that Taylor is wearing her shirt that she got for Christmas. Everyone looks great and yes, you guys are very blessed. Best wishes for another year of health and happiness.

Kasjaniuk said...

That little Anthony ... always a ladies man :)

Grandma Andie said...

Wow!! What a wonderfully busy and exciting time. Nothing better, than to get to spend time with family and friends! Hope 2009 continues on with the love and caring you give out so freely..it does come back..Much Love to all!

Beth Laster Photography said...

What a great trip!! Family and friends are definitely the BEST part of the holidays. So glad y'all had such a good time!