Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter


This year Easter seemed to sneak up on me out of nowhere. From the time the Stofer's came to visit, things have been going on non-stop. Which is a good thing but for me the procrastinator it left me feeling like I just couldn't catch up. The weekend after the Stofer's left we had Kelly's party. The following week I got into another "minor" accident which resulted in $3000 worth of damage to my van and being without it for almost 2wks. Then Easter jumped in there in the midst of sick children. Kelly missed a week of school due to "walking pneumonia" a cold and allergies, Taylor had already been fighting a cold and then on Easter Anthony came down with whatever we seem to be passing, topping out with a fever of 104.1 degrees yesterday.

Needless to say I didn't even get to go to church on Easter Sunday. We had planned on going to the sunrise service but the low for that morning was around 40 degrees and I just couldn't take Anthony and Kelly out in that. So, Chris and Taylor went to Church at noon because he had to teach and I stayed home and got dinner ready. My Dad came over and we had a very nice dinner. The Neiken's were in FL so we were missing them too. I guess this was my first real taste of a Holiday without a lot of people. I was a bit mushy on Easter morning. Missing my Mom and all the magic that she seemed to create every holiday. But I guess now it's time to make our own traditions. We were able to fit it all in, coloring eggs, opening baskets and even doing our own mini church service the night before.

My Dad did turn our frown upside down though because he woke up Easter morning and decided he wanted to buy the kids a Wii. So, he did just that. Only Kelly was here when he brought it (Anthony was asleep) and she was again rendered speechless. The smiles haven't stopped since then. They were and are so excited about their new gift. Thanks Popi... We love you.

4 comments:

Thao said...

Meagen...you truly are such a good mommy. Just like your mother did for you, your kids are always going to remember the magic you create for them.

neikensnest said...

Happy Easter Everyone! The kids will have great memories. Thanks for making our celebrations more special too. I missed coloring eggs with you guys this year!

Grandma Andie said...

It looks as though you all had a beautiful Easter, even though the "bugs" tried to keep you down.
Coloring Easter eggs is what I miss the most....Thanks for sharing.

Kasjaniuk said...

Wow ... sounds like you made it through. Great picture of the kids with their grandpa!!!