Monday, June 22, 2009

It's been a while!

Not too sure what's kept me from blogging? Just life I guess. By the end of the day I'm pretty tired and to type is to think so...

I'll do a little catch up of the "going's on" in our lives now, where to begin?

I guess I'll start with how beautiful my hydrangea's look. Judging by how they looked in the winter (sticks) one would never believe they would come back with a vengence this year. I LOVE seeing them everyday and am in awe when I look at all the blooming flowers up here. God is amazing:)

When we came back from FL, Chris's Mom came up with us for 5wks and we had a wonderful time visiting. She stayed with us and was able to just relax and visit with the kids and see how we do things up here (not too exciting) but better than being alone.

>We celebrated my Dad's birthday, which we didn't think we would be doing so that is an accomplishment in itself. My Dad is doing fair, still losing some weight and sleeping a lot more but overall still functioning on his own. I think he'll be moving in with us sometime in the near future and that will be an adjustment for all of us (prayers welcom:) It will be good for him to be with the kids and not alone everyday. We have talked about moving to a house with a downstairs bedroom for him and for Chris's Mom in future. That thought has got me going crazy. Should we, shouldn't we? Only God knows and I'm counting on that!

Christian (my nephew) graduated from High School... YEAH!!! We celebrated with family after the graduation at Ada and Erik's house. I didn't get to go to the graduation due to getting enough tickets and having the kids but Chris got some video and pic's for me. I don't have pic's yet because we took them with my SLR camera and have not developed them yet. When you get used to digital and then don't have it anymore it stinks!!! When I develop them I'll post some.

The girls are in their last week of school right now. They will then have a week off and start their next grade. Kelly's going into 5th and Taylor is going into 7th (WHAT?!) yeah, it's a little crazy! Kelly is going to be a patrol next year, how cute is that? Both girls have gotten straight A's and did great on their EOG's (end of year grades) up here. We are super proud of them.

That's all my brain can recall for the moment. I'll update with Graduations and Father's Day when I get the photos. Peace Out!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are still praying for your dad. He looks good. Time goes by so fast, wow 5th and 7th grade, I can't believe Alyssa is going into 8th. We miss you guys!

Grandma Andie said...

Great to see your dad...He looks good. We are celebrating Daddy's
91st at New Smyrna Beach this year. Every year, every day, every moment...it is a blessing.
Your Hydrangeas are gorgeous..I actually have one plant that has pink and violet blossoms on the same plant...That soil is mixed up!!

Kasjaniuk said...

Happy Birthday to your dad! I know it must make him happy to be able to spend so much time with you guys!!!