Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Heart

Today I was the recipient of a random act of kindness and I have to say, it was really nice:) Those of you who know me well, know that I have an addiction to Starbuck's (sad but true). Today, I had an internal war within myself... "go or don't go, go or don't go". The obvious answer is "don't go, you just went yesterday-duh!". However while I waited in line in the drive through, I justified my habit to myself, telling myself all the reasons I needed to have it. How much better I would feel blah, blah, blah. You see, the heart convinces the mind-learned a great lesson last night in church.

Jeremiah 17:9-10 "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve."

Heavy!

So, as I get to the window the guy says "Hey Meagen" again I know it's sad, but then he says "I have your drink but don't see it on the computer... thinking, looking. So I say "that's fine you can give it to me for free, I come here enough, I deserve one on the house..." laugh, smile. Then he says "you know what, it's paid for:)" "Huh?" "The lady in front of you paid for your drink", "get outta here I said", "yes, she did I have the receipt right here, happens all the time." Well I'll be darned!

So, my lesson for today- Even though I want what I want when I want it, and don't always play life out the right way, God in His Grace blesses me anyway. May be silly to some but to me a lesson of the heart. What is it, that our heart truly desires? Is it God???

3 comments:

neikensnest said...

WOW! I'm speechless

Heather said...

Love it!

Lori said...

SMILE...it's your turn now!