This Father's Day I wanted to do something, rather than just
buy Chris a shirt like usual so we decided to kidnap him for the day. On Saturday (June 20th) we got up got dressed and got everyone in the car right before lunch time. Sadly, my husband has a very weak spot for Hooter's! It's the chicken wings ya'll really:) So, we took him (family in tow) to Hooter's for lunch. The closest one here is about 40 minutes so it was quite a drive. It was well worth it, the wings were really good and I think he was happy.From there we headed to
Frankie's Fun Park to play some good old putt-putt golf. The kids got the Wii for Easter and Anthony LOVES playing golf. So I thought he would love putt-putt and he did. We had never taken him before this and he's almost 5... sad! Anyway, it was one of the hottest days that I've spent here in two years, figures right? It was close to 100 degrees I think and there was no shade. That being said, we hurried through our game but took it all in stride. Anthony said "I'm the king of golf" so that was good, nothing like a boost for a 4-year olds ego. He actually did better than Taylor.After that we went inside and cooled off and played some indoor games and then went outside to ride the bumper boats, again in an effort to cool off. In the end I think it was more fun for the kids than Chris and I but it was the family time that mattered. Chris is an amazing father (and husband) and I just wanted to spend time together. It was a good day.

Definitely better than a shirt!!!



1 comment:
What a great Father's Day!! Putt- putt golf and "Bumper Boats" are the most fun!
Post a Comment