Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Taylor turns 12!


OK, so way behind... time again to play catch up.

This year Taylor asked me if she could have a 60's party. I wasn't sure which route she was going to take, the Jean Shrimpton look or the hippie look but in the end she went with hippies. My little artisic flower, takes after her Noni :)

So we went full force with peace signs, love and tie dye, all the way down to the cake. I have a friend who lives on our street who bakes cakes on the "side" and so I asked her to bake a cake for Taylor's b-day. She asked if she could try baking a tie dye cake and naturally we were all for it. She did a great job and the cake came out so cool!


She had a few of her good friends over and we made tie dye shirts, ate some snacks and opened gifts. My dad bought her a digital camera and she was super excited about that. Took the sting away from not getting a cell phone:) Hard to believe we are the proud owners of a tween! I'm so not there yet. Don't really have a choice though do I? So thankful I have the Lord becasue without Him... let's not even go there.
So Happy Birthday to our beautiful dreamer, who always inspires me to be a better person inside and out!

1 comment:

Grandma Andie said...

Happy Birthday, Taylor..that is one Groovy cake!!