
So, it's midnight. I should be sleeping like everyone else in my house but instead I'm up "blogging". Because I'm a procrastinator...I don't get my kids to bed until about 10pm. I know, I'm a loser but it is what it is (right Lori?) I was just sitting here thinking about my
little man or "buddy boy" as we like to call him. He's your typical boy and loves to fight with swords, punch everything, and kill all that is evil in the world. But, he is also sweet and loving and tender. I pray he'll grow up to be as wonderful as his father is. Anthony is always concerned about others. He doesn't like to see anyone hurt, he's gentle. An old soul my Mom would say. He makes me smile and I'll tell you why...He is a creature of habit and every night we do the same things, in the same order, and say the same things over and over. If I say something out of order he is sure to correct me. Each night after we brush our teeth and sing our ABC's we go to his room and turn off the light, cover him with is "blue"
blankie and only his "blue"
blankie and then we hold hands and pray. After we pray we sing a song. Now, most 3 year
olds would probably like to hear, Jesus Loves Me, or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Hush Little Baby, or maybe even A Pirates Life for Me...but not Anthony. One night a couple of months ago he asked me to sing "All the Lonely People" and at first I wasn't sure what he was asking, but as nights went on and he continued to ask, I realized what song he was asking for. I had been listening to it in the car. So for last couple of months at bedtime (I had to print the words so he would stop pestering me) we sing
Eleanor Rigby, by The Beatles.
3 comments:
awesome! at least Anthony's song has a little more class than Grace's request: mommy, sing the "dippin' bottom jeans song"...
What a sweet pea...noone could be lonely with him around.
I know what your mom meant..I've known quite a few old and beautiful souls in my time. He's not only cute, smart, and precious, he's.....well, that's already a lot..no need to add pressure!!
Post a Comment