Saturday, June 28, 2008

Too Much, Too Fast!!!

OK, deep breath (in through the nose, out through the mouth). I had no idea that when I woke up on the girls last day of school (Fri. 27th) that I would deal with so many emotions. Not just a regular last day of school but the last day of Elementary school for Taylor...how can that be? Somehow in a matter of months we went from Bratz dolls and Barbies to The Jonas Brothers, Boys and Health Class (bringing home sanitary napkins and deodorant)! Oh my goodness, I'm not ready for this.


The day started off OK, however, somewhere along the way I got off schedule and was running late. Had to be at school at 10am for 5th grade Graduation and then off to Kelly's class at 12:15 for an Ice Cream social and early sign out...no big deal right? Thank God, Chris was off and he was with me or I may have become an emotional wreck and who knows what would have happened? We get to Graduation in the gym at school late so we are standing in the back. Surprise!!! I missed Taylor walking in because everyone was standing and talking. Anthony wanted to be held but, both Chris and I had cameras in our hands. At the very moment that Taylor's class went up, a "nice" little 1 1/2 to 2 yr old decides he has had enough and SCREAMS bloody murder through the whole calling off of her classes names. I did hear her name but at that moment my heart broke because I realized that no one was there to see her, no one clapped no one whistled like all the other family and friends... Chris and I both had cameras in our hands and couldn't clap and so there was silence (except for the baby crying). From that point on I listened as all the other kids went up and sections of the room stood and clapped and seriously it took every ounce of restraint I had to hold back from just losing it. But, I did it. I didn't realize that a (silly really) 5th grade graduation would be so hard? Taylor was fine, but as a Mom knowing what we took her away from...a school where everyone knew her, friends and family would have been there. Our decision to move though, and so we deal with it.


Next, we kill some time and then go to Kelly's class for Ice Cream. Fun right? We walk in, sit down, and Hannah Kelly's best friend comes up to us with tears in her eyes and tells us that her and Kelly won't be together next year in class. Again, no big deal right? My first instinct is to do something about it. My mind is made up, I tell myself I'm going to the Principle first thing next week and I'm going to do something about it. But is that right? God does have control right? He will make everything OK... right? Hannah however is distraught, won't even come back into class and then Kelly seeing Hannah so upset breaks down in class clinging to me and sobbing. What in the world is going on, is all I think. Too much, too fast! My head was pounding, stomach upset, but what can we do but move on! I'm so proud of the girls. Taylor got all (4's) on her report card (basically like straight A's, Principle's list), Kelly got all 3's and some 3+'s and both are in "gifted". I want so much for them, don't want them to make the same mistakes that I made. How cliche' is that? The best I can do is pray for them daily, and never stop. I hope they chose to dance:)


How grown does she look? Sunglasses, cute new outfit, "chill-axin" on the couch. With a Webkinz in her purse! Not completely grown yet, thank God:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

chin up! Mea Mea! if it weren't for you and Lori, I would have had no one at graduation and dance recitals - you miss the "family" most when you want your child to get "cheered" and doted over on those special occasions - believe me, I know. But you know, the kids just want YOU there. Wish I were there right now to give you a big HUG! luv, me :)

Grandma Andie said...

Time does begin to literally "fly", as they make their way through school. It only seems to pick up speed the older we get. I heard my mother say it, now I am living it!! Enjoy every single moment and take lots of pictures:)

neikensnest said...

Wait till they graduate high school and you think "I'm not old enough to have a graduate!"

Kasjaniuk said...

"Chill-axin" ... at least you're keeping up with the lingo, I'm apparently WAY behind!! :)

Lori said...

We are clapping down here!!!! Love you Taywer.