
Well, Chris's face says it all in this picture! Again, we took on a project that overwhelmed us. However, it was worth it. The girls are so excited, they officially have a "tween" bedroom now. No more clutter, knick-knacks, papers etc... I can actually walk in there now and not want to scream, and trust me that is a good thing.


I curse Pottery Barn for this, because that is where it all started. Taylor loves polka-dots and of course, Pottery Barn has the
exact comforter set she wants. Well that's not happening because well, you know why? It's Pottery Barn. So we went on our trek to find polka-dot comforters. Problem #1 is Taylor wants specific colors: Pink, Apple Green, Brown, Turquoise, Magenta, and blue. So do you think we can find comforter sets with all of those colors on them? NO! Why should it be that easy? So we settle on getting the Pink set above for Taylor and the Turquoise set for Kelly (those are the colors they are prone to anyway). Problem #2, how do you make two totally different comforter sets go together in one room without chaos? Well, with input from friends and my own daily struggle over what to do, this is what we came up with. Fun colors, polka-dots and what "tween" room would be complete without the Jonas Brothers:)


I tried to show all angles of the room, Taylor's side is all pink, and Kelly's side is all turquoise. Kelly's side of the room has the closet and Taylor's side has bedroom door on it. We painted one wall apple green w/o polka-dots and put some shelves on it for a few things that they wanted to display. I recovered the picture boards myself above their beds. I used two old pic. boards that we had and recovered them using the pillow shams that came with the comforter sets. All in all it was fun but I'm glad it's over.
Next I'll work on Anthony's room (Pirates) but I'm going to take a break for a little while. We are getting ready for a sleepover this Friday night to "unveil" the new room and watch the Jonas Brothers "Camp Rock"...so excited. Post will follow with all the details.
5 comments:
It looks really gooooood!!!! Awesome job, Mom!
Incredible!!! I LOVE it and what a wonderful way to tie it all together and still give them a sense of having their own area. Great work!
AWESOME!!! Now, come to my house and do it!
I absolutely love their room. The polka dots are great! It all blends so well, looks like it belongs in a home decorating magazine.
Wow, I am so impressed..I think I've seen scrapbook paper like that, haven't I?? It looks wonderful!!
Post a Comment