Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's How You Live:)

I've heard this song a couple of times on the radio of late and it's really made me think. How often does someone tell you "oh the kids grow so fast, don't miss a minute", or "don't worry about the dishes, they'll wait"? I've always struggled with that. I'm selfish, I don't like to play and I like a clean house! And that frustrates me. Lately though, (finally, I guess you could say)I think I'm getting it. I still get frustrated (every day) but I'm trying to take the time to "play" even if I don't want to. Sometimes it just takes 15 minutes, other times it's less or more but in the end..."it's how you live" and I believe that. I'm reading my Bible every day, I started in Genesis. My first attempt to read the entire Book but I'm hanging in there, it's slow going but worth it. Things are falling into place in my life and I'm so complete for the first time. I've been blessed with a wonderful family, great friends and my relationship with God. He has never let me down. If you have a minute, listen to the words of the song. I'm taking one day at a time, and doing my best to rid myself of "self". It's not easy to do, but there is no other way.

5 comments:

Lori said...

I think you are doing a pretty good job! Nothing wrong with wanting a clean house or wanting a little me time...it's just the balancing of it all. Good song! Thanks for sharing it:0)

Kasjaniuk said...

I am with ya ... it's amazing when you can escape your own head for a minute, all the hustle and bustle, and just enjoy a moment. Thanks for the reminder.

Anonymous said...

u d bomb! ck out my blog - i updated it today...luv, me :)

Grandma Andie said...

Each day does bring its own unique challenges..One at a time is the best way to handle them... I have noticed that most tasks do not have to be completed in a certain time frame, they will be waiting for you..Your kids, well they don't seem to slow down or wait for anything..ENJOY them, everyone!!! (Even the big one!)

Unknown said...

A clean hourse, an updated blog, time with your kids playing and time with God in His Word, sounds like you got it all covered baby! I am proud of you that you are commiting to read the bible. Hang in there the "begots" will get you, just read them and don't try to pronounce all of the names out loud unless you want you kids to laugh at you:) I miss you all!