Thursday, September 25, 2008
So the DRAMA!
This a fair warning for all of you who are about to embark on the Middle School years. RUN, run as far as you can. I know you love your kids but just pack up and move to Barbados!!! OK I'm just kidding. But somewhere in the back of my mind that is what I want to do. For reasons I cannot explain other than hormones, Taylor has been crying all week. I don't know how much more I can take. No matter what I say, I'm yelling at her. She doesn't have enough clothes (which is true-she grew a lot) but money doesn't grow on trees right? She hates school, she doesn't have enough friends. So my question is "Where is the manual?" I always thought my Mom could fix anything, she had all the answers and could always soothe away a bad day. I'm not doing so good in that area. I'm frustrated, annoyed, and so totally not ready to deal with all this. And Chris, he just laughs at everything!!! Which is good in a sense because if I couldn't laugh things would be ugly. I love Taylor, and I'm praying daily that we can get her through all of this without too much emotional trauma. I don't see how people go through life without God and without Prayer? She is such a cool kid, I just want to equip her with wings to fly:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
God has equipped you with all the right tools. You are doing everything well....memories tell me that my mama had to yell a bunch, too. 'Cause there were just some days..well, I needed a "good cry"...still do somedays!
Megen, You remember these days, right...I remember too well coming home and crying because so and so was mad at me and so and so didn't like me anymore...it goes with the age and the girl...It will be totally different when Anthony comes up the pipe...Taylor is just being a normal middle school girl...Give her a kiss for me and tell her I think she is really cool and that Christmas is right around the corner...tell her to put nothing but clothes and shoes on her list!
oops, forgot the A
MeAgen!
Oh yes, very normal behavior ... I remember the drama. It is kind of refreshing to hear the innocent dilemma's they go through ... if only life was that simple.
Meagan...you are such a good mom. Even tho we don't have the opportunity to hang out, I can tell from your words alone. Life's journey is never easy and often there are bumps and turns in the road. Just try and enjoy the trip and know that your best is enough. Sometimes it's not about having all the answers, but just being there...that's what she'll remember. I say all this now, but I may be calling you in a few years for help. Chin up...you're doing great!
I hear you sister! This is the toughest age. Alyssa is right there with Taylor, except for what is worst, she doesn't cry much, she just stuffs it down and acts grumpy and snapish with whoever crosses her path. At least Taylor is getting it out of her system for the moment when she cries. When Alyssa does cry, she is always such much sweeter after the moment has past. I will say that ages 11 and 12 have been the hardest yet, but the closer she gets to 13, the better it gets. She has really changed a lot in the last month since school started but the beginning of the school year was a bear (or she was a bear)!! I just keep telling myself that it is all part of the cycle of life and our girls are just caught in the middle right now, too young to be grown up and too old to be the baby or little kid anymore and then add hormones in and it makes for a mess in their heads. The best part is that God is in control and He knows what we need and what the girls need to get through this and he knows the end result. Keep praying, it will get better! I love you guys. What size is Taylor now?
Post a Comment