Saturday, September 20, 2008
When the wind is right...
There is something to be said for a nice cool breeze. As I've talked to people and read other blogs I can see that a lot of others share my love for this time of the year. We have had our first cold week here (cold meaning high 50's to low 60's at night and low 70's during the day) with a bit of over cast skies and, a breeze. Taylor said to me one day this week "Mommy the air smells different today, it's so fresh and cool", I replied with "yes baby, Fall is on it's way". When I was around Kelly's age living in FL I can remember the feeling I would get when the weather changed, like anything was possible. Almost like a new beginning, the feeling that with a new season a time of change would come. It always did. This song "Sailing" may not apply to me here in the Carolina's but it's more the feeling I get when I hear it. I cannot tell you how refreshing this week has been. I do have to admit, there is a sadness too. So much of this time of year was spent with family and friends. Now we have to make new traditions but I'll never forget the old ones. They are "tattooed" on my heart:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
TOO FUNNY! Did you read my entry yesterday? Same topic. Fall is in the air, YEAH! Confirmation I am not nuts.
We had a couple of "fall" days, too. Lows in 60's and Highs stayed in low 80's...Wow, Taylor said it right...the air does smell different!
It's starting to get cooler down here too ... I LOVE it!!! And maybe we'll even get our sidewalk done now :)
BTW that "tattoo" on your heart wouldn't be by any chance a little more than symbolic?
you said "tattooed"
Post a Comment